It is extremely important that you follow our aftercare advice to ensure your treatment heals well and is looking its best.
Immediately after treatment
- The area treated will be red and inflamed but this will subside usually within a few hours. You may wish to wear a loose hat to cover any redness.
- Direct sunlight and any exercise resulting in excessive sweating should be avoided after treatment until day 30+
Day 1 – 3
- Avoid getting water on or washing the scalp
- No sweating
- No direct sunlight
You may now:
- Wash the head with water (no shampoo or shower gel)
- Shave the head using an electric foil shaver only, whilst being careful to avoid the treatment area
- Use moisturiser on the scalp
- You may now cleanse your head using a gentle cleanser
- You may now use matte lotion
- You may now use shampoo or shower gel to clean the scalp
- You may shave your head using a razor taking extra care with the area treated
- You may now resume all your usual activities
Long term care
- Always wear sunscreen on your head between SPF30-50. Your treatment will fade quicker if you don’t
- Avoid topical products that contain high concentrations of alcoholUse an exfoliating cleanser on your head as this removes dead skin cells and keeps your head looking fresh.
- Moisturise every day
Touch ups are necessary (usually between 2-5 years depending on the skin type and how carefully aftercare is followed). With proper care and attention to the scalp, touch ups will be required less frequently than otherwise.