Scalp Micropigmentation Aftercare instructions
It is really important that you follow our Scalp Micropigmentation Aftercare instructions to ensure your treatment heals well and is looking its best for the longest time.
Immediately after treatment
- It is completely normal for the treated area to be red and inflamed but this will subside usually within 24 hours.
- Direct sunlight and any exercise resulting in excessive sweating should be avoided after treatment until day 30+
Day 1 – 3
- Avoid getting water on or washing the scalp
- No sweating
- No direct sunlight
You may now:
- Wash the head with water (no shampoo or shower gel)
- Shave the head using an electric foil shaver only, whilst being careful to avoid the treatment area
- Use moisturiser on the scalp
- You may now cleanse your head using a gentle cleanser
- You may now use matte lotion
- You may now use shampoo or shower gel to clean the scalp
- You may shave your head using a razor taking extra care with the area treated
- You can now resume all your usual day to day activities without the risk of damaging your treatment as it should now be fully healed and settled
Long term care
- Use of a high factor sun cream on a regular basis will help to protect your treatment as well as keeping the scalp moisturised.
- Avoid topical products that contain high concentrations of alcohol.
- Using an exfoliating cleanser on your head regularly removes dead skin cells and helps to keep your SMP looking fresh.
- Moisturise every day
Top up treatments are necessary (usually between 2-5 years depending on the skin type and how carefully aftercare is followed). By following our Scalp Micropigmentation Aftercare instructions, touch ups will be required less frequently.
Top ups are usually a 1-2 hour session (so not like having a full treatment again) and are charged at a discounted rate for returning clients.
Visit our FAQ’s section for more information